Sunday, December 5, 2010

Emma's 5th birthday party :)









We had Emma's 5th birthday party yesterday and she chose a Barbie theme. The day ended up being a snowy one but Emma didn't mind at all. She had a ton of fun with her 3 friends (they were so cute running all over the house playing together). We had a brunch menu for her food and the food was so yummy! :) I made pumpkin stuffed croissant french toast, sausage links, egg-sausage egg bake, loaded baked potato chowder, and my neighbor brought over some fresh pineapple. I love brunch foods and I was very happy Emma wanted this type of food for her party. She loved it too. :)

Emma loved her Barbie doll cake. I made the cake and I'll admit I've been waiting for the day that I could FINALLY make her the doll cake. I've made 1 other one when my sister Katie was a little girl. The way a little girl's face lights up when they see there doll cake is just magical! :) I love it! I love how cute the cake turned out (the ruffle added just the right girly touch to the cake). :) The inside of the cake was purple. A girly cake for my girly girl. :)

She was blessed with many wonderful gifts and of course lots of Barbies. :) She played a game of pin the heart on the princess tiara and there was a pinata. All the kids grabbed a string and pulled away as the candy flew everywhere. Fun stuff! :) The big hit of the party was silly bandz. :) Little did I know that the kids loved the glow-in-the-dark bandz (thankfully I had enough for everyone). :)

I of course took lots of pictures and this is just a few of the ones I took at the party. The dress Emma wore is special because it was her cousin Mary Kate's dress. Emma loved wearing it and her brother said she looked like Samantha the American Girl doll (one of Emma's favorites). I think she look beautiful! :) Here brothers looked so cute in there pictures with her and I love the big smile on her face as she's hugging my belly bump. :) She just loves her daddy to pieces. They are going to go squirrel hunting this week and she is so excited for that day! She loves to spend time with him. :)



1 comment:

Judith and Lance said...

Happy Birthday, sweet Emma!! Wow, Julie, the cake you made is amazing! You are so talented, and the brunch you made sounded DELICIOUS!! I need your loaded baked potato recipe! Great joB! :)