Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dakota



Last Saturday was opening day for deer bow season (a very exciting day in our home). David is preparing to go on a once in a lifetime hunt out to Montanta to hunt elk with his dad in a few weeks so he wasn't the main one excited for opening day this year instead it was Dakota! :) He wasn't able to go out on Saturday but he woke up saying "happy opening day of bow season mom" and on Sunday when I woke up he was fully dressed in his camo. He wanted to get in a hunt before church. He goes hunting in our woods behind our house and the faith this boy has that he's going to get a deer is so encouraging to me. His faith and confidence in getting a deer reminds me of how I need to trust in God and have the faith of a child in all areas of my life. I hope and pray God does reward him with another deer this year. He went out back and hunted Sunday morning. He stayed out for about an hour because it was chilly but he was thrilled to share his deer hunting of the morning with David and I.

A great start to his day but the day didn't end quite so well. We went to our cousin's little boy's 3rd birthday party and they had a bounce house. Literally minutes before we were going to leave Dakota injured his ankle in the bounce house. Thankfully David was at the party and he rushed him off to get an xray at the children's urgent care. He didn't break his ankle but he does have a severe sprain/strain. He's been a trooper and has been off of school all week. He can walk on it now but still has some swelling.


I'll admit I've enjoyed him being home this week but he misses school a lot. He loves school. I'll take a mommy proud moment now and share that he has all A's and 1 A- on his progress report. He's so cute because he was disappointed in the A- but David and I reassured him that the A- was still very good! He's doing so well in school this year and loves to learn! :)

I'm sure this will not be our only trip to the ER because Wyatt is quite the adventurous little boy! Dakota has such a sweet spirit and it brings tears to my eyes because he's said more than once "I'm glad I was the one hurt instead of Wyatt." God has blessed me with incredible children! Being a mom of 3 little ones isn't easy but I wouldn't have it any other way! I'm thankful my husband works so hard so that I can be home and raise these 3 beautiful children!! :)





Dakota's buck from last year (he just got it back last week). We proudly have it hung up on our wall along with all the other bucks! :) I'm proud of my little hunter! :) The button buck has leaves and an acorn in his mouth! Looks great! :)

2 comments:

Quiana said...

awww poor dakota! he is so brave with his comment about it not being wyatt who got hurt. i'll be praying for a speedy recovery! it must be sprain season because my good friend from church sprained her on her front step this week. she's on crutches and will take about 2 weeks to recover.

Judith and Lance said...

Julie -- what a sweet post. I love hearing about Dakota and what he likes and his personality. He sounds like a very clever and fun little guy. I hope his ankle feels better soon and a HUGE congrats on the all A's fella!