Monday, September 20, 2010

Mickey Mouse cake for my nephew Hayden :)







My nephew Hayden (my sis-in-law Danielle's son) had his 3rd birthday party over the weekend. Danielle asked me to make him a Mickey Mouse cake and I was pleased to accept. The layers of the cake were funfetti white with vanilla frosting as the filling and chocolate with chocolate frosting filling. The cake turned out so cute and so yummy! :) I used fondant for the outside and this was my second cake using fondant. Fun stuff to work with but it can be a little tricky keeping it from falling apart or cracking on the cake. I'm glad I've watched so many cake shows because they have helped me a lot with using fondant. I've posted photos of all 4 sides of the cake (each side was a little different). The cake took about 5-6 hours to create. Hayden enjoyed the cake as you can see by the photos. :) I love making cakes and was pleased with how cute the cake turned out for his party. :)Happy 3rd birthday Hayden! :)

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Julie -- that cake is amazing. I'm so impressed!! Great job!

Quiana said...

so glad you posted a pic! i was wondering how it turned out. so cute! do i see a food network star in the making???