Wednesday, August 18, 2010

1st day of 1st grade :)










Dakota started the 1st grade today. He was SUPER excited for the 1st day of school. He LOVES school! He had fun picking out his first day outfit (his Mimi McGee took him shopping). :) He looked so cute! His latest thing is baseball. He's collecting baseball cards now so of course he had to have a baseball shirt for his first day of school. Tomorrow he's wearing another baseball shirt. He's loving the sport! :) He was very thrilled to have a messenger bag for his book bag this year. He loves it!

I made him his choice of breakfast which was stuffed croissant french toast stuffed with blueberries and cream cheese and sausage patties. He loved every bite of it. :) Very yummy!

I of course took several photos before we took him to school. I love the sweet one of Emma giving him a kiss. He had to have one with his best buddies Hunter and Sweetie (his dogs). :) I quite pleased with how everyone gave nice smiles with the first day of school pictures (well Wyatt made a few silly faces).

He's going to ride the bus this year (amazing how they seem so much more grown up in 1st grade and I don't have the fears of him riding the bus that I had last year) but we took him to school for the first day. He's very excited about riding the bus this year. No tears this year and we're thrilled because he has the same teacher from kindergarten (she moved up to 1st grade because there's only 1 kindergarten class this year). His first day went great and he was exhausted by the time he came home. (I'll have bus photos in a later post.) Tomorrow we'll be meeting the bus bright and early a little after 8 a.m. and I will say it's nice to not have to try to get the kids together for carpooling. ;)

Another school year is upon us and I'm ready to be back into the school routine and so is Emma and Wyatt (they're ready for me to start there at home lessons... today Wyatt was asking how to make an "A"). David said today only 11 more years and Dakota will graduate! Yikes... that time will fly by!! I can't think about that yet!

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Julie -- he is so cute and I can hardly believe he is already in 1st grade! Bella starts pre-school this month and I'm SOOO very sad, but thankfully it's only 2 mornings per week so I should do okay :). I'm so glad you are blogging again!

Anonymous said...

Such a cutie and can't believe he is in first grade! I will never forget the day you told me you were pregnant with him. I will always treasure that memory. He is such a sweet boy and so cute! I also love that he is into baseball! Tell him that I said to watch the Reds!!! They might make the World Series this year!!! I am super excited! Mark & Dakota can talk baseball cards. Mark has THOUSANDS of them! His favorite player is Ken Griffey, Jr. and his favorite team is the Seattle Mariners.
Lisa