Wednesday, October 24, 2007

It's a Boy!! =)








It's a boy!! Wyatt George David McGee came into this world at 5:23 p.m. on Friday, October 12. He weighed 8 lb. 13 oz. (we couldn't believe how big he was) and was 20 inches. I was in labor for almost 9 hours but only had to push for like 10-15 minutes. He had the chubbiest cheeks when he was born. We didn't know the sex of the baby (everyone in the room knew David was going to announce it) so when he came out I couldn't see but David leaned down to my ear and said "it's a boy." It was a very sweet and joyous moment and I'm so glad we were surprised. My guess had been a boy too (David thought the same). I was so tired when Wyatt was first born that I didn't hold him that long but as soon as they cleaned him up I couldn't wait to hold my baby boy. He's such a sweet baby! His name.... we didn't actually decide on his name until Saturday night (to the dismay of family and friends... everyone just couldn't wait to know his name). We finally decided on Wyatt (Waylen was our other choice but no one really liked it and he looked more like a Wyatt). George is a family name on both sides but mostly it's after my beloved and dearly missed Grandpa George Fite. The David is after not only my wonderful husband David but also after his dad and his dearly missed grandpa David too. (We like family names for the middle names of our children). I can still hardly believe I have a second son. He's my sweet baby boy! =)

No comments: