Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day

My Mother's Day got off to a rocky start and most of that was because David had to work, Abbie was up bright and early (6:30), and my new nighttime mouth guard caused my TMJ to have a MAJOR flare up (no fun and I won't be using that anymore). My cuties still tried though to make my day special even though mommy was a cranky pants all morning. Emma and Wyatt made me breakfast (english muffin and strawberries) and Dakota made me lunch (a ham sandwich and blueberry yogurt). Very yummy! :) David and the kids made me a t-shirt yesterday. My husband is so sweet and thoughtful but he cracked me up when I opened the gift and pulled out the shirt. The shirt was on the rather large side and he said well it was either a large or an xtra large but the only one I could find at the store. I asked him did he look in the women's department well he didn't even think about it. lol I still love the shirt and it's super comfy to sleep in. :) He put the kids hand prints on the shirt with "the girls" on the front and "the boys" on the back. Happy Mother's Day 2012 on the front too. I was so surprised by such a creative and thoughtful gift from my wonderful husband. :) He also surprised me with a beautiful Hibiscus tree. So tropical and lush. I'll feel like a little piece of paradise is right on my deck. :) Dakota made me the cutest votive candle at school and Emma made me a special book (I about cried when I read it... will have to post the letter she wrote me). Emma and Wyatt each surprised me with a bouquet of gorgeous flowers yesterday. I feel pretty special with 2 bouquets. :)
Dakota gave me not 1 but 3 of my favorite instant cappuccino mix. I had to cappuccino's today (a bit much with addition to my normal coffee but hey it's Mother's Day). Wyatt cracked me up though because he wanted some of my cappuccino so badly but it was all mine today. :)
This picture is perfect for how the day was today. A variety of joy, silliness, a bit serious, a few tears (those are in another picture), some arguing and yelling, but the day ended with fun and smiles. We raced from couch to couch. My sweeties gave me a foot, leg, hand, neck, and a face massage (Abbie even joined in which was so cute). We played a game of kids Sequence (my fav). They are very thoughtful but boy they do drive me to my almost breaking point at times but at the end of the day I wouldn't have it any other way! I get to celebrate today because of them and they love me even when I do have a rough morning. I love that about my kids so much that even when I may not be at my nicest they forget about it and still love to be around me. :)
This Mother's Day was even more special because today was my 1st Mother's Day with my sweet and silly Abbie Grace. :) She's almost 11 months old and adds so much to our family. :)

3 comments:

Quite Sensible Indeed said...

Happy Mother's Day! All in all it was a good day for you. So glad to see an update...keep it up!

Quiana said...

What a wonderful Mother's Day! Isn't it great about kids' unconditional love? So funny about David and the t-shirt - Uka would've done the same thing. It's the effort that matters, right? BTW Nia's sitting in my lap as I type this and saw your kids and got mad when I clicked to the comment screen because she wanted to see them. So funny! Hope our little ones get to play together soon!

Christy said...

Glad you had a lovely mothers day Julie! For all that you do for your kidlets, you deserve a day of pampering. Hopefully Abbie will get the memo by next mothers day to let her momma sleep:)